Ngetta Tropical Holdings Ltd (“NTH”) incorporated in 2015 is a Ugandan owned Agro processing company based in Lira District, Northern Uganda. NTH deals in sunflower cooking oil, sunflower seeds and sunflower seed-cake.
NTH’s main interest is the processing of sunflower oil from the hybrid sunflower seeds mainly imported from South Africa and grown by the farmers. NTH sells hybrid sunflower seeds to farmers through co-operatives and farmers organizations; whose grain is then purchased for use in processing sunflower oil.
NTH plans to build a dedicated youth centered supply chain for sunflower crushing material as a strategy to sustainably secure a steady and smooth supply.
It has also made tremendous efforts in forming farmers’ cooperative societies and groups and supporting their registration process with the Uganda Cooperative Alliance (UCA). NTH currently has 55 farmers groups with a membership of up to 45,000 farmers, spanning 18 districts. NTH aims to have 500,000 farmers within their network in the next three years
NTH produces tasteful filtered extra virgin sunflower cooking oil and it plans to continually expand its production capacity and ramp up their technical process to include production of refined high-quality oil. The edible oils market is a growing market that will continue to develop as per capita income, population and urbanization rates grow which presents a great untapped market potential that NTH shall penetrate.
To be the leading agro-processing company in Uganda focusing on the grain value chain.
To transform the rural agricultural production and practices for better yields and create wealth for the poor peasant farmers.
- Respect for each other and our customers
- Working in teams
- Serving our customers
- Delivering to our Shareholders
- Passion and energy for work
- Ownership and Accountability.
- To transform the rural agricultural production and practices for better yields and create wealth for the poor peasant farmers.
- To build strong linkages between NTH and farmers’ cooperatives societies that create a sustainable business model for all parties.
- Create an enabling working environment where all staff can exploit their full potential and grow in the organization.
- To manufacture world class products through use of efficient technologies, innovative ideas and effective IT systems.
- Protect the environment against use and the deposition of toxic waste materials through proper waste management and strict adherence to regulations
- Be socially accountable and relevant to the community in which we operate